It would be nice and delicious to eat your favourite bread and have grilled vegetables as a spread. On this summer, you can try something that can be a low fat dish at the same time a healthy one. As a simple person, you would say “Where is the meat?” but when you have tasted this dish, you will never thought that it would need any meat, because this recipe has a bold taste and texture. This mouth watering, scrumptious snack is what you needed in your diet regimen. You can try different vegetables that can go with your bread. If you want to consume something that can help your diet more, change the normal bread into wheat bread. Wheat bread is made with whole grain flow and it contains all the component parts of the grain. This has fewer calories compared to the white bread. So let us start cooking!
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise (fat-free plain yogurt if you are dieting)
• 3 tablespoons chopped dried tomatoes in olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 4 portobello mushrooms
• 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 8 oz. brie cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
• 4 roasted red bell peppers
• 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 pieces wheat bread
Cooking the Food:
1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise or fat-free plain yogurt if you are dieting, garlic, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. You can set aside the mixture in the fridge to let it cold.
2. When you are using an electric stove, plug and turn on the heat. If you are using a common grill then add coal below the grill rack and burn the coals till they are red.
3. Brush some olive oil to each side of the raw vegetables. If you want to lessen your intake of oil, you can just lessen the application of olive oil. It is okay, as long as you cover each side of the raw vegetables.
4. Brush some oil on the grate so that the raw vegetables wouldn’t stick on the grate.
5. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. If you are watching your sodium intake you can lessen the salt.
6. Put the vegetables on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes, turn and cook the other side of the vegetables for another 3 to 5 minutes. Some mushrooms may take a little longer.
7. Remove the vegetables off the grill and put them on a clean plate. Spread some of the mixture that you have prepared on the surfaces of the bread. Place some grilled red pepper and a slice of cheese or you can leave the cheese out. Place the bread on the grill with the cheese side up and cover the grill with a grill lid. From 2 to 3 minutes you should check on the bread, if the cheese slightly melts, you can remove the bread from the grill. Now you can add mushrooms, squash and onions.
You can now enjoy the grilled sandwich with a smile. You can pour some fresh fruit juice in a glass to go with your sandwich. You can add this dish to your diet regimen. You can try other vegetables when you grill the recipe.